How many times have you heard the expression “use your head, not your heart?” Thinking with the heart is not just a euphemism our mothers told us. There is a very real heart-mind connection rooted in biology that is fundamental to our understanding of consciousness. In reality, our heart has on average over 40,000 neurons that direct conscious thoughts related to our emotions, as well as govern unconscious signals and other sensations to the autonomic parts of the brain. These neurons can influence perception, decision making, and emotional responses. I truly believe heart-brained people have an even larger quantity of neurons, or have evolved to rely more on this method of emotional cognition.
Are You a Heart Brained Person?
1. Do you get angry when you see dishonesty, injustice, violence and corruption?
2. Are you highly imaginative, creative, artistic and multi-talented?
3. Are you easily bored and frustrated?
4. Have you ever been called flakey or forgetful?
5. Were you misdiagnosed as hyperactive, ADD or learning disabled?
6. Are you passionate and engaging?
7. Do you daydream often?
8. Do you start sentences with “I feel like…” instead of “I think…’?
9. Are you sensitive to certain noises, sounds, smells, or fabrics?
10. Are you strong in your personal convictions, at times even stubborn?
11. Does time always seem to elude you?
12. Do you dislike old systems, old ways of doing and being?
13. Do you thrive in environments of change?
14. Are you very intuitive or empathic? Can you read people and energy?
15. Were you called an old soul or very mature for your age as a child?
16. Did you have a difficult time in school, despite being very intelligent ?
17. Do you understand the power of your emotions?
18. Do you remember your dreams?
19. Are you sensitive to certain foods or eat in a conscious way?
20. Are people naturally drawn to you for guidance and support?
21. Have you ever been called dramatic?
22. Are you a passionate and dynamic writer?
23. Do you have a strong desire for personal growth and evolution?
24. Do you have a difficulty communicating with spoken words?
25. Are children and animals drawn to you?
26. Are you spiritual?
27. Do you work in social services, healthcare, education or creative arts fields?
28. Are you drawn to nature and the ocean?
29. Do you excel at many talents or are a jack of all trades?
30. Above all do you have a strong desire to change the world ?
If you answered yes to a majority of these questions, congratulations you are indeed a heart-brained, extremely gifted, conscious soul with so much to offer the world. Live your passions and don’t let society, or anyone else tell you that you should alter your perceptions and experience of the world to fit into a box. You are beautiful; go out and show others how to think with their hearts. You are what is right in this world!
Erin’s work as a healer is dedicated to helping others find wellness and a deeper spiritual understanding. Her healing arts practice combines intuitive energy work, with sound and crystal therapies to heal and transform individuals on a soul level. Using holistic photography, she documents and celebrates authentic beauty and transformation.
Whether you are struggling with chronic pain, disease, anxiety, depression, rapid life transitions, or perhaps you just need a new direction, Erin offers gentle energetic support and guidance to help restore balance and wholeness, increase well-being and joyful heart connection.